Colombia Tops Miami Real Estate Searches for Fourth Consecutive Month
MIAMI – (RealEstateRama) — Colombia continues to be the top foreign country searching for South Florida real estate on the MIAMI Association of REALTORS® (MIAMI) website, according to new statistics from the nation’s largest local Realtor group. Colombia registered the most South Florida property searches among all countries on MIAMI’s portal, www.MiamiRealtors.com, in June 2017.
Colombia has led the MIAMI property search rankings for four consecutive months and 14 of the last 19 months. Canada and Brazil finished second and third, respectively. Canada — a top international market for South Florida real estate — has ranked in the top-five for three consecutive months.
“Miami is known worldwide not just for its sun and beaches, but for its welcoming community,” said Coral Gables Realtor Christopher Zoller, the 2017 MIAMI chairman of the board. “Our monthly property search rankings show the diverse number of countries who are interested in Miami real estate. People from all over the globe come to Miami to start businesses.”
Top-10 countries visiting MiamiRealtors.com in June 2017:
Top-10 countries visiting MiamiRealtors.com in June 2016:
Colombia: A Top Market for South Florida Real Estate
Colombian home buyers tied with Brazil in making the third-most international purchases in South Florida, according to the 2016 Profile of International Home Buyers of MIAMI Association of REALTORS® (MIAMI) Members. Colombia had a 10 percent share of all international purchases in South Florida. Venezuela (15 percent) and Argentina (11 percent) finished first and second, respectively.
MIAMI again promoted South Florida’s lifestyle and real estate market at Colombia’s largest property showcase, El XII Gran Salón Inmobiliario – Feria Internacional, on Aug. 24-27, 2017 in Bogotá, Colombia. MIAMI made a South Florida market presentation at the 12th annual expo, which attracted 30,000 visitors and 200 exhibitors.
Top-10 International Cities Visiting MiamiRealtors.com in June 2017
- Bogotá, Colombia
- Ontario, Canada
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Capital District, Venezuela
- State of Para, Brazil
- State of Sao Paolo, Brazil
- Antioquia, Colombia and Quebec, Canada (tied)
- Buenos Aires Province, Argentina
- Madrid, Spain
New York Leads All States in Miami Real Estate Searches
New York registered the most domestic Miami web searches in June 2017. New York has led the rankings for two consecutive months. North Carolina finished second, posting its most monthly Miami real estate searches since MIAMI began tracking the data in May 2013.
The top-10 U.S. states searching MiamiRealtors.com in June:
2017: 1) New York, 2) North Carolina, 3) California, 4) Georgia, 5) Texas, 6) Arkansas, 7) Illinois, 8) Virginia, 9) New Jersey, 10) District of Columbia
2016: 1) Texas, 2) New York, 3) Georgia, 4) California, 5) Illinois, 6) Tennessee, 7) Michigan, 8) North Carolina, 9) Pennsylvania, 10) Massachusetts
Top-10 U.S. Cities Visiting MiamiRealtors.com in June 2017
- New York City
- Charlotte, NC
- Little Rock, AK
- Atlanta, GA
- Houston, TX
- District of Columbia
- Chicago, IL
- Los Angeles, CA
- Ashburn, VA
- Dallas, TX
South Florida is Second-Most Searched U.S. Market by International Clients in June
Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach is the second-most popular U.S. market searched by international consumers, according to Realtor.com June 2017 data. South Florida has long ranked among the top-two U.S. markets for global demand.
Top-10 U.S. markets for international real estate demand: June 2017:
- Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CA
- Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach, FL
- Bellingham, WA
- New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA
- Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford, FL
- Urban Honolulu, HI
- El Centro, CA
- Kahului-Wailuku-Lahaina, HI
- Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land, TX
- Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, FL
Top-10 countries driving international demand in South Florida: June 2017
- United Kingdom
South Florida ranked as a top-five market for consumers in five of the world’s six largest regions in June 2017. South Florida finished as South America’s most-searched U.S. market.
- North America: 1. New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA; 2. Chicago-Naperville-Elgin, IL-IN-WI; 3. Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX; 4. Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach, FL; 5. Los Angeles
- Northern Europe: 1. New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA; 2. Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CA; 3. Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford, FL; 4. Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach, FL; 5. Lakeland, FL
- Western Europe: 1. Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CA; 2. Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach, FL; 3. New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA; 4. Tampa, FL; 5. Dallas, TX
- Australia and New Zealand: 1. Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CA; 2. New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA; 3. San Francisco; 4. Las Vegas; 5. Dallas
- South America: 1. Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach, FL; 2. Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford, FL; 3. New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA; 4. Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CA; 5. Chicago, IL
- Western Asia: 1. New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA; 2. Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach, FL; 2. 3. Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CA; 4. Washington, D.C.; 5. Chicago