WASHINGTON, DC – April 28, 2010 – (RealEstateRama) — U.S. Congressman Allen Boyd (D-North Florida) today helped expand home ownership opportunities for thousands of North Floridians living in rural areas by supporting the bipartisan Rural Housing Preservation and Stabilization Act (H.R. 5017). The legislation passed in the House today by a vote of 352-62.
“Over the past few years, many responsible Americans and North Floridians living in rural communities have had a harder time accessing the type of credit they need to purchase a home,” said Congressman Boyd. “This bipartisan legislation assists homebuyers living in rural areas obtain affordable mortgages and ensures that they can continue their pursuit of the American dream.”
The Rural Housing Preservation and Stabilization Act provides individuals and families living in rural communities with greater access to affordable mortgages by extending the solvency of the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) loan guarantee program, known as Section 502. The Section 502 program is designed to lower the costs of homeownership to people living in rural communities by giving rural areas access to federally-guaranteed home loans.
Interest in Section 502 loans has tripled in the past few years as a result of the economic downturn. Today’s legislation extends the solvency of the program and, as a result, the Section 502 program will now be completely self-sufficient and require no federal funding, enabling those living in rural communities to continue accessing these much-needed home loans at no cost to the taxpayers.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
April 27, 2010
Christopher Cashman, 202-225-5235
- Boyd Introduces Legislation to Protect Property Owners
WASHINGTON, D.C. - December 15, 2009 - (RealEstateRama) -- Congressman Allen Boyd (D-North Florida) today introduced bipartisan legislation that would help protect private property owners from becoming victims of eminent domain seizures by state and local governments. The Strengthening the Ownership of Private Property (STOPP) Act would significantly discourage governments from taking property from one private party and giving it...
- Congresswoman Kosmas Helps Pass Legislation to Support Home Ownership among Our Troops
Washington, DC - October 8, 2009 - (RealEstateRama) -- Congresswoman Suzanne Kosmas (FL-24) voted in favor of the Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act (H.R. 3590), which will make changes to home-buying provisions in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act to benefit active-duty servicemen and women currently, or soon to be, deployed overseas. The bipartisan legislation passed by a vote...
- Kosmas Applauds Signing of Helping Families Save Their Homes Act
Legislation Will Help Address Central Florida’s Foreclosure Crisis. Washington, DC - May 21, 2009 - (RealEstateRama) — Today, Congresswoman Suzanne Kosmas (FL-24) applauded the signing of H.R. 1106 (S.896), the Helping Families Save Their Homes Act. The legislation will help protect thousands of Central Florida homeowners by providing important tools and incentives for lenders, servicers, and homeowners to modify loans...
- Senate Passes Helping Families Save Their Homes Act
WASHINGTON, DC - May 12, 2009 - (RealEstateRama) — U.S. Senator Mel Martinez (R-FL) voted in favor of the Helping Families Save Their Home Act, S. 896. The bill includes a mortgage servicers safe harbor provision that will curb home foreclosures and jumpstart residential loan modifications. In addition, this legislation expands the Hope for Homeowners program, which is aimed at...
- Castor, St. Petersburg Leaders Break Ground on New Home
Washington, DC - April 20, 2010 - (RealEstateRama) -- Congresswoman Kathy Castor, Mayor Bill Foster and community leaders marked the groundbreaking today of new housing in the city of St. Petersburg under the Neighborhood Stabilization Program. Neighborhood Stabilization initiative funds will provide safe and clean affordable housing for Tampa Bay area residents....
- Attorney General Pam Bondi Announces New Procedures Banks Must Follow to Help Distressed Homeowners Seeking Relief Under National Mortgage Settlement
- Cheryl Howell, Housing Services Manager, receives Timex Award for public service dedication
- FOUR PRIME RETAIL TENANTS SIGN ON AT DOWNTOWN FT. LAUDERDALE MIXED-USE DEVELOPMEN
- Congressman Garcia Invites FEMA Senior Leadership Team to His District for a Conversation on the National Flood Insurance Program
- CBRE IS TAPPED TO MARKET BRAND NEW NORTH BROWARD APARTMENT COMMUNITY
- CBRE ARRANGES $56 MILLION IN FINANCING FOR CLASS A OFFICE TOWER IN FORT LAUDERDALE, FL
- Martinez Announces First-Time Homebuyer Forum in Miami
- Attorney General Hosts Second Miami Community Forum on Housing Issues
- Martinez Hosts Homeownership Preservation Forum for Residents In Manatee & Sarasota Counties
- Attorney General, Florida Interagency Mortgage Task Force Host Broward Community Forum on Housing Issues
- Attorney General McCollum Hosts South Florida Community Forum on Housing Issue
- Florida Interagency Mortgage Task Force Hosts Community Forum on Housing Issues
- Attorney General Hosts Central Florida Community Forum on Housing Issues
- The Conference Board: Consumer Confidence Index down
- FLORIDA PARTNERSHIP RECEIVES $1,000,000 AFFORDABLE HOUSING PRESERVATION GRANT AWARD FROM THE MACARTHUR FOUNDATION
- Sinking dollar gives foreigners ‘upper hand’