December 30, 2010 – (RealEstateRama) — At the Jan. 5, 2011, Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners Regular meeting, the County will hold a public hearing to amend the 2005-06, 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09, 2009-10 and 2010-11 Affordable Housing Annual Action Plans. The Action Plans guide the County on how it will spend grant funds received from the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development in the following grants:
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
- HOME Investment Partnership (HOME)
- Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing (HPRP)
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program 3 (NSP 3)
The proposed amendments to each grant are:
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
- Chinese Drywall Syndrome – This activity will be eliminated from the Action Plans and funding will go toward other eligible projects.
- Support Inc. Classroom and Multipurpose Room – This project has been cancelled and these funds will go toward eligible infrastructure projects within CDBG Target Areas during the Request for Proposal cycle.
- CDBG Target Area Infrastructure Improvements – Funds will be committed from those available as a result of cancellation of the Support Inc. projects in Program Years 2005-06 and 2006-07.
Home Investment Partnership (HOME)
- Sustainable Homeownership Demonstration Project – This project has been cancelled and these funds will go into the Housing Rehabilitation Activity.
- Tenant Based Rental Assistance (TBRA)– The Housing Rehabilitation Activity will be reduced by $270,000 in the Program Year 2010-11 Annual Action Plan.
Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing (HPRP):
- Homelessness Prevention Component-Hillsborough County Health and Social Services – Increase the Financial Assistance Activity by $408,033, which will bring the balance to $1,550,110, and reduce the balance in the Housing Relocation and Stabilization Services to zero.
- Rapid Re-Housing Component-Homeless Coalition of Hillsborough County – Increase Financial Assistance for Rapid Re-Housing by $55,000, which will bring the balance to $535,033, and decrease Housing Relocation and Stabilization Services from $205,728 to $150,728.
Neighborhood Stabilization Program 3 (NSP3):
- NSP3 Plan and Funding Approval – The County was recently awarded funds under the NSP3 in the amount of $8,083,062 and This amendment incorporates the new funding into the Program Year 2010-11 Annual Action Plan and defines the plan for funding activities and target areas for NSP3.
Prior to the public hearing on Jan. 5, 2011, Hillsborough County has welcomed a public review and provided a comment period on these amendments that began on Dec. 6, 2010, and ends on Jan. 5, 2011. Copies of the proposed amendment are available at the following locations during this time:
- On the Web Affordable Housing Department Web site – www.hillsboroughcounty.org/affordablehousingoffice/resources/publications/home.cfm
- In person at the Affordable Housing Department office
- 1208 Tech Boulevard, Suite 300 in Tampa
- In person at local public libraries
- 78th Street Community Library, 7625 Palm River Road in Tampa
- Jimmie B. Keel Regional Library, 2902 W. Bearss Ave. in Tampa
- Ruskin Branch Library – 26 Dickman Drive S.E. in Ruskin
- Bruton Memorial Library – 302 McLendon St. in Plant City
- In person at Neighborhood Service Centers
- Lee Davis Neighborhood Service Center – 3402 N. 22nd St. in Tampa
- Plant City Neighborhood Service Center – 307 N. Michigan in Plant City
- Ruskin Neighborhood Service Center- 201 14th Ave. S.E. in Ruskin
- University Area Neighborhood Service Center – 13605 N. 22nd St. in Tampa
- West Tampa Neighborhood Service Center – 2103 N. Rome Ave. in Tampa
- In person at University Area Community Development Corporation – 10413 N. 22nd St. in Tampa
Comments can be made to the staff person listed below or during this public hearing on Wednesday, Jan. 5, at 2 p.m. in the Frederick B. Karl County Center, 601 E. Kennedy Blvd, 2nd Floor, Boardroom, Tampa.
For more information, contact Maureen Calderaro at the Affordable Housing Department, 1208 Tech Blvd., Ste 300, Tampa, FL 33619 or by email to calderarom (at) hillsboroughcounty (dot) org.
For media use only:
Felicia Crosby-Rucker, Manager
Affordable Housing Department
Cellular Phone: 813-546-2086