ORLANDO, FL – November 30, 2011 – (RealEstateRama) — The real estate market plays a vital role in Florida’s economy, and figuring out what may lie ahead in 2012 is a key question for policymakers, residents and Realtors alike.
Several nationally known economists will share their insights on the state’s real estate market and economy during Florida Realtors® 2012 Real Estate and Economic Forecast Conference on Dec. 6, from 8:30 a.m. to noon. The conference takes place at Florida Realtors headquarters, 7025 Augusta National Drive, Orlando, FL 32822.
“Florida Realtors is bringing together expert economic forecasters to discuss what they see happening in Florida and nationally in 2012,” says Florida Realtors Chief Economist Dr. John Tuccillo. “It’s an opportunity to find out what may be in store for the real estate sector and the economy in general.”
Speakers include Dr. Lawrence Yun, chief economist and senior vice president of research at the National Association of Realtors®; Mark Vitner, a managing director and senior economist at Wells Fargo; and Dr. John Tuccillo, chief economist for Florida Realtors. Dr. Yun’s remarks will kick off the conference at 8:40 a.m.
Following the featured speakers, a panel of Florida real estate professionals will discuss the outlook for several sectors of the real estate market. Panelists include Clark Toole, president and COO, Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate Inc. in Florida, covering residential real estate; Cynthia Shelton, 2009 president of Florida Realtors and a director at Colliers International in Orlando, discussing the commercial market; and Dean Saunders, accredited land consultant and broker-owner of Coldwell Banker Commercial Saunders Real Estate in Lakeland, covering the market for land and undeveloped property.
“This is the first event of its kind hosted by Florida Realtors,” says 2011 Florida Realtors President Patricia Fitzgerald, manager/broker-associate with Illustrated Properties in Hobe Sound and Mariner Sands Country Club in Stuart. “It’s definitely going to be exciting to hear what trends may be developing for next year.”
Florida Realtors®, formerly known as the Florida Association of Realtors®, serves as the voice for real estate in Florida. It provides programs, services, continuing education, research and legislative representation to its 115,000 members in 64 boards/associations. Florida Realtors® Media Center website is available at http://media.floridarealtors.org.
Marla Martin, Communications Manager, or Jeff Zipper, Vice President of Communications 407/438-1400, ext. 2326 or 2314
- Florida Realtors: Real Estate Professionals Receive $16M Allocation from BP Oil Spill Fund
ORLANDO, FL - August 23, 2010 - (RealEstateRama) -- Florida Realtors® and four other state Realtor organizations successfully negotiated with Kenneth Feinberg, administrator of the new Gulf Coast Claims Facility handling the British Petroleum (BP) Oil Spill Fund, for a special allocation for real estate professionals’ claims for loss of income or loss of sales due to the Gulf oil...
- Florida’s Strong Population Growth Boosting Demand for Residential Real Estate
ORLANDO, Fla., Nov. 15 /PRNewswire/ — As one of the fastest growing states in the nation, Florida’s population is expected to increase by 325,000 in 2008, spurring demand for working-age and retirement housing. “Florida remains a prime destination for workers seeking new jobs and for the growing wave of baby boomers,” said economist Hank Fishkind, [...]...
- 1-800-SELL-NOW Says Rise in Existing-Home Sales Forecast by National Association of Realtors(R) is on the Money but Only for Creative Sellers
DELRAY BEACH, Fla., Dec. 13 /PRNewswire/ — Forget the “For Sale” sign in the front yard. The subprime mortgage meltdown is forcing home sellers to find new ways to attract buyers. Enter 1-800-SELL-NOW, a national real estate investment specialist which holds the contrarian view that excellent investment opportunities exist for those with liquidity and creativity [...]...
- Miami Real Estate is Back: ST Residential Launches South Florida Portfolio at Exclusive Event
MIAMI, FL - February 7, 2011 - (RealEstateRama) -- ST Residential, a world-class asset management company with a $4.5 billion real estate portfolio nationwide, launched its South Florida portfolio at an exclusive event sponsored by Ocean Drive Magazine. The event was held at one of their luxury properties, Mint at Riverfront...
- Realtors Help Bring an Orlando Family Home
ORLANDO, FL – November 06, 2008 – (RealEstateRama) — Orlando resident Martina Dunston has spent more than 300 hours over the past two years helping build houses for other families while working toward her goal of someday owning her own home. Her dreams of homeownership were realized today when the National Association of Realtors® and [...]...
- Attorney General Pam Bondi Announces New Procedures Banks Must Follow to Help Distressed Homeowners Seeking Relief Under National Mortgage Settlement
- Disaster Assistance for Florida Reaches More than $65 Million in 60 Days
- House Speaker Will Weatherford Reappoints Chris Gardner to Citizens Property Insurance Board
- Attorney General Pam Bondi Reaches $550 Million Joint State-Federal Settlement with SunTrust to Address Mortgage Loan Origination, Servicing, and Foreclosure Abuses
- Moica Outraged that Criminal Mismanagement at Sanford Housing Authority Not Pursued by DOJ
- National Mortgage Settlement Monitor Reports that Nearly 92,000 Floridians Have Received $9.12 Billion in Credited Relief
- Martinez Announces First-Time Homebuyer Forum in Miami
- Attorney General Hosts Second Miami Community Forum on Housing Issues
- Martinez Hosts Homeownership Preservation Forum for Residents In Manatee & Sarasota Counties
- Attorney General, Florida Interagency Mortgage Task Force Host Broward Community Forum on Housing Issues
- Attorney General McCollum Hosts South Florida Community Forum on Housing Issue
- Florida Interagency Mortgage Task Force Hosts Community Forum on Housing Issues
- Attorney General Hosts Central Florida Community Forum on Housing Issues
- The Conference Board: Consumer Confidence Index down
- FLORIDA PARTNERSHIP RECEIVES $1,000,000 AFFORDABLE HOUSING PRESERVATION GRANT AWARD FROM THE MACARTHUR FOUNDATION
- Sinking dollar gives foreigners ‘upper hand’