ORLANDO, FL – August 31, 2011 – (RealEstateRama) — Florida Realtors® recognized Wendell Davis, CRB, GRI and the 2010 president of the state Realtor association, as its 2011 Realtor of the Year. CRB and GRI are special designations awarded to Realtors who complete additional training; they stand for Certified Real Estate Brokerage Manager and Graduate, Realtor Institute.The Realtor of the Year award was presented at the state association’s 95th annual Convention & Trade Expo at Rosen Shingle Creek in Orlando, Fla. “It’s an honor and a privilege to be among the elite, and it’s brought about by you – all the members of this great organization,” said Davis upon accepting the award. “I’m proud to have had the privilege of serving you.”
Florida Realtors has presented the Realtor of the Year and Associate Realtor of the Year awards for more than 50 years. Winners are honored as the greatest individual lifetime contributors to their local Realtor board, community, state association and the National Association of Realtors (NAR).
On the local level, Davis is very active within his home Realtor organization, the Northeast Florida Association of Realtors (NEFAR). In fact, 16 years ago, he led the task force that paved the way for the merger of four local associations to become NEFAR, and his proven leadership prompted members to choose him as the association’s inaugural president in 1996.
A broker and regional vice president with Watson Realty Corp. in Jacksonville, Davis is a charter member and former president of the Northeast Florida Association of Residential Property Managers (NEFARPM); and also served as treasurer and a director for the National Association of Residential Property Managers (NARPM). Some of the numerous local honors he has received include Property Management Member of the Year, 1999; Property Manager of the Year, 2004; and Presidential Lifetime Service Award, 2006. On the national level, Davis has been an active member of NAR for many years, serving on its Board of Directors since 2001.
As Florida Realtors president, Davis was instrumental in establishing Florida Realtors first statewide open house: During 2010 Florida Open House Weekend, more than 1,600 open houses took place in communities across Florida. His support of the Realtors USO Phone Card program raised $50,000 to help U.S. troops connect with their families. On the political front, he spearheaded the effort in 2010 to protect Florida’s economy by defeating Amendment 4, the anti-growth measure that would have required voter approval for all changes to local comprehensive land use plans.
Davis is just as dedicated to his community as he is to his profession: He is a current Clay County commissioner and served as chairman in 2010. A past chairman of his local March of Dimes campaign and past president of the local Chamber of Commerce, he was a teacher and football coach for 23 years. He also served as an officer in the U.S. Army and fought in the Korean War.
Florida Realtors®, formerly known as the Florida Association of Realtors®, serves as the voice for real estate in Florida. It provides programs, services, continuing education, research and legislative representation to its 115,000 members in 64 boards/associations. Florida Realtors® Media Center website is available at http://media.floridarealtors.org.
Marla Martin, Communications Manager, or Jeff Zipper, Vice President of Communications 407/438-1400, ext. 2326 or 2314
- Tampa Realtor Is FAR’s 2008 Realtor Associate of the Year
ORLANDO, FL – October 08, 2008 – (RealEstateRama) — Tampa Realtor® Susanna Madden has been named Florida’s 2008 Associate Realtor of the Year by the 125,000-member Florida Association of Realtors® (FAR). The award was presented at FAR’s recent 92nd annual Convention & Trade Expo in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. FAR has presented an Associate Realtor [...]...
- Miami Realtor(R) Named 2007 Realtor of Year; FAR Honors Award Winners at Convention
ORLANDO , Fla., Sept. 5 /PRNewswire/ — Frank Kowalski , the 2005 president of the Florida Association of Realtors(R) (FAR) and a member of the Realtor Association of Greater Miami and the Beaches, has been named FAR’s 2007 Realtor(R) of the Year. The award – one of several – was presented at FAR’s recent 91st [...]...
- Miami Realtor Wins FAR’s 2008 Realtor Achievement Award
ORLANDO, FL – October 09, 2008 – (RealEstateRama) — Nancy Hogan, a member of the Realtor® Association of Greater Miami and the Beaches, has been recognized for winning Florida’s 2008 Realtor Achievement Award by the 125,000-member Florida Association of Realtors® (FAR). The award was presented at FAR’s recent 92nd annual Convention & Trade Expo in [...]...
- Miami Realtor Wins FAR’s 2008 Realtor Achievement Award
ORLANDO, FL – October 2008 – (RealEstateRama) — Nancy Hogan, a member of the Realtor® Association of Greater Miami and the Beaches, has been recognized for winning Florida’s 2008 Realtor Achievement Award by the 125,000-member Florida Association of Realtors® (FAR). The award was presented at FAR’s recent 92nd annual Convention & Trade Expo in Lake [...]...
- FAR Honors Broward County Realtor As 2008 Humanitarian of the Year
ORLANDO, FL October 10, 2008 – (RealEstateRama) — Claudette Bruck, a member of the Realtor® Association of Greater Fort Lauderdale, has been named 2008 Realtor Humanitarian of the Year by the 125,000-member Florida Association of Realtors® (FAR). The award was presented at FAR’s recent 92nd annual Convention & Trade Expo in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. [...]...
- Attorney General Pam Bondi Announces New Procedures Banks Must Follow to Help Distressed Homeowners Seeking Relief Under National Mortgage Settlement
- Cheryl Howell, Housing Services Manager, receives Timex Award for public service dedication
- FOUR PRIME RETAIL TENANTS SIGN ON AT DOWNTOWN FT. LAUDERDALE MIXED-USE DEVELOPMEN
- Congressman Garcia Invites FEMA Senior Leadership Team to His District for a Conversation on the National Flood Insurance Program
- CBRE IS TAPPED TO MARKET BRAND NEW NORTH BROWARD APARTMENT COMMUNITY
- CBRE ARRANGES $56 MILLION IN FINANCING FOR CLASS A OFFICE TOWER IN FORT LAUDERDALE, FL
- Martinez Announces First-Time Homebuyer Forum in Miami
- Attorney General Hosts Second Miami Community Forum on Housing Issues
- Martinez Hosts Homeownership Preservation Forum for Residents In Manatee & Sarasota Counties
- Attorney General, Florida Interagency Mortgage Task Force Host Broward Community Forum on Housing Issues
- Attorney General McCollum Hosts South Florida Community Forum on Housing Issue
- Florida Interagency Mortgage Task Force Hosts Community Forum on Housing Issues
- Attorney General Hosts Central Florida Community Forum on Housing Issues
- The Conference Board: Consumer Confidence Index down
- FLORIDA PARTNERSHIP RECEIVES $1,000,000 AFFORDABLE HOUSING PRESERVATION GRANT AWARD FROM THE MACARTHUR FOUNDATION
- Sinking dollar gives foreigners ‘upper hand’