TAVARES – December 16, 2013 – (RealEstateRama) — All offices of the Lake County Board of County Commissioners, Clerk of Courts, Supervisor of Elections, Tax Collector and Property Appraiser will close Wednesday, Dec. 25 and Wednesday, Jan. 1 for the Christmas and New Year’s holiday.
The Lake County Solid Waste Division’s administrative and customer service offices, as well as all residential convenience centers and Central Solid Waste Facility, located at 13130 County Landfill Road in Tavares, will be closed Dec. 25 and Jan. 1. The Paisley and Loghouse residential convenience centers, which are normally open on Wednesdays, will instead be open on Tuesday, Dec. 24 and Dec. 31 from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The following temporary schedule will be in place for residents who have once-a-week curbside collection service on Wednesdays:
- Saturday, Dec. 21 – garbage and recycling services will be provided
- Wednesday, Dec. 25 – no service will be provided
- Saturday, Dec. 28 – garbage and recycling services will be provided
- Wednesday, Jan. 1 – no service will be provided
- Saturday, Jan. 4 – garbage and recycling services will be provided
Normal weekly curbside collection services will resume on Wednesday, Jan. 8.
The following Lake County Library System libraries will close Tuesday, Dec. 24 and Dec. 31 at 5 p.m. and will be closed Wednesday, Dec. 25 and Jan. 1.
- Astor County Library, 54905 Alco Road, Astor
- Cagan Crossings Community Library, 16729 Cagan Oaks, Clermont
- East Lake County Library, 31340 County Road 437 S., Sorrento
- Lady Lake Public Library, 225 W. Guava St., Lady Lake
- Marion Baysinger Memorial County Library, 756 W. Broad St., Groveland
- Minneola Schoolhouse Library, 100 S. Main St., Minneola
- Paisley County Library, 24954 County Road 42, Paisley
The following libraries will be closed all day Dec. 24, Dec. 25, Dec. 31 and Jan. 1:
- Marianne Beck Memorial Library, 112 W. Central Ave., Howey-in-the-Hills
- Tavares Public Library, 314 N. New Hampshire Ave., Tavares
- Umatilla Public Library, 412 Hatfield Drive, Umatilla
- W. T. Bland Public Library, 1995 N. Donnelly St., Mount Dora
Fruitland Park Library, 205 W. Berckman St., Fruitland Park, will close at 5 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 23 and Tuesday, Dec. 31. The library will be closed all day on Dec. 24, Dec. 25 and Jan. 1. Helen Lehmann Memorial Library, 17435 5th St., Montverde, will close Dec. 25 and Jan. 1. Leesburg Public Library, 100 E. Main St., Leesburg, will close Dec. 24, Dec. 25 and Jan. 1, but will be open on Tuesday, Dec. 31 from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m.
The Cooper Memorial Library, 2525 Oakley Seaver Drive, Clermont, will operate with special hours due to the Lake-Sumter Community College break. For more information, visit www.mylakelibrary.org/libraries/cooper_memorial_library.aspx.
Lake County Connection, the County’s disadvantaged transportation service and LakeXpress, Lake County’s fixed-route transportation service, will be closed on Dec. 25 and Jan. 1, as well as
The Lake County Welcome Center, located at 20763 U.S. Highway 27, Groveland will also be closed on Dec. 25 and Jan. 1.
Lake County media contact:
Office: 352-343-9603; Cell: 352-455-0445