Dr. John Tuccillo Heads New Industry Data & Analysis Department
ORLANDO, Fla. – September 27, 2011 – (RealEstateRama) — Dr. John Tuccillo, former chief economist for the National Association of Realtors® (NAR) and a highly respected business and planning consultant, has joined Florida Realtors® as chief economist and head of its new Industry Data and Analysis department.
For the past 14 years, Tuccillo’s Sarasota-based consulting practice – John Tuccillo and Associates Inc. or JTA – has provided research, analysis, strategic planning and business planning services to clients that include national real estate franchise firms, Fortune 100 companies, mortgage banking firms, media companies and trade associations.
Prior to that, he spent 10 years as NAR’s chief economist and senior vice president. Tuccillo’s extensive resume also includes serving as the chief economist for the National Council of Savings Institutions; teaching graduate studies at the Catholic University of America; working as a senior research associate at The Urban Institute; teaching courses at Georgetown University as an assistant professor of economics; and working as a Brookings Economic Policy Fellow at the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Tuccillo has an undergraduate degree from Georgetown University; he earned his master’s degree and doctoral degree in economics from Cornell University. He is a Certified Association Executive (CAE), which means he has earned and maintains certification denoting the highest standards and knowledge for association management professionals.
What prompted Tuccillo to take on Florida Realtors’ Industry Data and Analysis department? After signing on last November as a consultant to help set up the department’s structure and find the right staff, he said he found himself wanting to stay involved.
“When you move into a job, normally there’s already a set establishment, a structure and a staff, as well as projects that you’ve inherited,” Tuccillo says. “The opportunity to start from scratch and apply 35 years of experience was extraordinarily attractive. I like the people and I like the organization – the opportunity was compelling.”
One of the biggest challenges currently facing the Industry Data and Analysis department is taking advantage of research and data currently available, compiling new information and prioritizing projects to benefit the state’s Realtors in their businesses, according to Tuccillo.
“That’s one of the pluses – there’s a wealth of real estate data and information out there that would help Realtors in Florida provide even more value to their clients,” he says. “And a huge opportunity for me personally is that I have the chance to make a positive difference in the industry – that has always been my objective. That’s definitely part of the job’s attractiveness; I can find out what tools, data and research Realtors across Florida need to do their business more easily and successfully. The goal is to help them find the data and tools they need, and help them to understand those tools and how to use them to enhance and increase their business.”
2011 Florida Realtors President Patricia Fitzgerald, manager/broker-associate with Illustrated Properties in Hobe Sound and Mariner Sands Country Club in Stuart, says: “Having a robust Industry Data and Analysis department at Florida Realtors is an important step in the ongoing development of organized real estate information in Florida and the nation. We are fortunate to have Dr. Tuccillo in charge of the department, which will cement Florida Realtors’ position as the voice for real estate in Florida.”
The staff of Florida Realtors Industry Data and Analysis department includes economist Brad O’Connor, who specializes in urban and regional economics and is a pending Ph.D. candidate from Florida State University; and research analyst Erica Cross, who has dual bachelor’s degrees in mathematics and business administration, as well as a master’s degree in finance.
- Dr. John Tuccillo, chief economist
- Industry data and analysis department, Florida Realtors®
- Hobbies: Playing golf, reading, studying history and writing (currently working on his second crime fiction novel)
- Favorite color: Blue
- Favorite food: Italian – of course
- Favorite music: Everything from the Great American songbook, especially George Gershwin, to 1950s doo wop, to the music of Aaron Copeland
- Favorite cartoon character: Bugs Bunny
- Favorite movie: Godfather I and II; a lesser-known black and white movie that’s one of my favorites is My Man Godfrey with William Powell and Carole Lombard.
- Favorite vacation destination: Italy – it’s the default vacation destination. In the U.S., I love Coupeville, Washington; it’s about 70 miles north of Seattle.
- Cat or dog person: Dog – I’m sort of allergic to cats.
- What are you reading now? “Flash Foresight” by Daniel Burrus
Florida Realtors®, formerly known as the Florida Association of Realtors®, serves as the voice for real estate in Florida. It provides programs, services, continuing education, research and legislative representation to its 115,000 members in 64 boards/associations. Florida Realtors® Media Center website is available at http://media.floridarealtors.org.
Marla Martin, Communications Manager, or Jeff Zipper, Vice President of Communications 407/438-1400, ext. 2326 or 2314
- Florida Realtors Announces New Scholarship Program
ORLANDO, FL - February 23, 2010 - (RealEstateRama) -- Do you have kids currently in college, or maybe one who is about to graduate high school? Are they interested in a possible real estate-related career? Then find out more about the Florida Association of Realtors® Education Foundation Inc., a new not-for-profit corporation established to provide real estate-related educational scholarships and...
- Florida Realtors Announces District Scholarship Winners
ORLANDO, FL - April 30, 2010 - (RealEstateRama) -- Thirteen talented seniors from public and private high schools across the state each have been awarded a $1,000 scholarship as district winners of the Florida Realtors® 2009-2010 Scholarship Essay Contest for High School Seniors....
- Chief Financial Officer Jeff Atwater Halts an $11.5 Million Mortgage Fraud Scam
TALLAHASSEE, FL - January 10, 2011 - (RealEstateRama) -- Florida Chief Financial Officer Jeff Atwater today announced the arrest of mortgage fraud scammer Guillermo Fraginals Parra, 37, of Hialeah, on charges of first degree grand theft. Parra, the 18th individual arrested in this scam, was a real estate appraiser at the time the crimes occurred and was being paid on...
- National Disaster Insurance Would Help Consumers, Says Florida Association of Realtors
WEST PALM BEACH, FL - July 3, 2009 - (RealEstateRama) — “The availability and affordability of property insurance is, at its core, a consumer issue,” said 2009 Florida Association of Realtors® (FAR) President Cynthia Shelton, testifying on the need for a national disaster insurance policy to the U.S. House Financial Services Committee’s Oversight and Investigations Subcommittee during a hearing today...
- Florida Realtors look forward to working with new U.S. Senator
ORLANDO, FL - August 28, 2009 - (RealEstateRama) -- Florida Realtors® applaud Gov. Charlie Crist’s decision to appoint George LeMieux to serve out the remainder of U.S. Sen. Mel Martinez’s term...
- Attorney General Pam Bondi Announces New Procedures Banks Must Follow to Help Distressed Homeowners Seeking Relief Under National Mortgage Settlement
- CBRE ARRANGES SALE OF NEW FREESTANDING TRIPLE NET LEASED BANKUNITED INVESTMENT PROPERTY IN FORT LAUDERDALE, FL
- INFORMATION SECURITY COMPANY TO DOUBLE IN SIZE
- CBRE CLOSES SALE OF TWO ISLAMORADA RESORT/MARINA ASSETS
- CBRE ARRANGES SALE OF NEW TROPHY SINGLE-TENANT NET LEASE BANK OF AMERICA IN FORT LAUDERDALE, FL
- Public Works urges citizens to protect their property from flooding hazards
- Martinez Announces First-Time Homebuyer Forum in Miami
- Attorney General Hosts Second Miami Community Forum on Housing Issues
- Martinez Hosts Homeownership Preservation Forum for Residents In Manatee & Sarasota Counties
- Attorney General, Florida Interagency Mortgage Task Force Host Broward Community Forum on Housing Issues
- Attorney General McCollum Hosts South Florida Community Forum on Housing Issue
- Florida Interagency Mortgage Task Force Hosts Community Forum on Housing Issues
- Attorney General Hosts Central Florida Community Forum on Housing Issues
- The Conference Board: Consumer Confidence Index down
- FLORIDA PARTNERSHIP RECEIVES $1,000,000 AFFORDABLE HOUSING PRESERVATION GRANT AWARD FROM THE MACARTHUR FOUNDATION
- Sinking dollar gives foreigners ‘upper hand’